Skibus & Parking Areas
Reach the Ski Slopes quickly and easily
Ski-in & ski-out is the magic word in many hotels of Obergurgl-Hochgurgl. Nevertheless, guests are welcome to use the free skibus shuttles running between the hamlets in order to reach the ski area access points in the most comfortable way. Car drivers enjoy ample, free parking (parking area village center Obergrugl | Church excluded) at the mountain lift stations in Obergurgl-Hochgurgl.
Bus connections for holders of the new, valley-wide skipass
Between the village center and Hochgurgl mountain gondola there is a dense network of buses (every 10 minutes during main skiing hours). Also night skiing and night tobogganing events in Obergurgl-Hochgurgl can be reached comfortably by bus.
Skibus from Längenfeld
At the most important times of the day, the skibus from Längenfeld is running from Längenfeld directly to Obergurgl-Hochgurgl every 20 or 30 minutes (bus stops at Hochgugl mountain gondola or Festkogl mountain gondola). Also Längenfeld has a local connecting line to the hamlets of Gries, Burgstein and Runhof.
Guest Card holders can also use the regular bus line from Imst or Ötztal-Bahnhof via Längenfeld, Sölden and Zwieselstein to Obergurgl-Hochgurgl. These lines run in short intervals from 7.00 am to 11.00 pm during the winter season.
Winter sports fans from Vent reach Obergurgl-Hochgurgl in the morning with several buses and can return in the afternoon.
You can check the current bus schedules via:
Enhanced Mobility within Ötztal
FREE BUS RIDE* for the period of 07.10.2019 to 29.05.2020 on presentation of a valid Guest Card issued in one of the Ötztal Tourismus holiday resorts, or a guest sheet (also Niederthaicard), or people with alpine skiing wear on their way to/from the slopes on the following lines:
- Line Oetztal (Haiming - Obergurgl)
- Glacier line (Sölden - Glacier)
- Line Vent (Vent - Sölden)
- Line Kühtai (Ötztal-Bahnhof - Kühtai)
- Ski buses in Längenfeld, Sölden, Obergurgl, Oetz, Sautens and Piburg
- Bus Gries (Gries – Längenfeld – Sölden)
- Regiotax Haimingerberg (Haiming – Ochsengarten)
- Regiotax Niederthai (Umhausen – Niederthai)
*This special extra is an included service available from check-in to check-out at your accommodation. (*Bus rides to and from the working place, arrival and departure journeys to and from the holiday accommodation and night liner rides (marked „NL”) are excluded!)
Parking areas in Obergurgl-Hochgurgl
If you arrive by car, there are several parking areas close to the mountain lifts and slopes, most of them are free of charge. Here you can leave your car safely:
- Parking area at the base station of Hochgurgl mountain gondola, free of charge (no parking at night)
- Parking area at the entrance to the village – base station of Festkogl muontain gondola, free of charge (no parking at night)
- Parking area in the village center of Obergurgl (behind the event hall where you can also find the information office Obergurgl-Hochgurgl, in front of the church), parking ticket vending machine (coins)
- Parking area at Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Small parking area in Hochgurgl, free of charge