250 peaks higher than three thousand meters make a wonderful backdrop for unlimited summer holidays full of superlatives with plenty of adventures and recreation, white waters and mountain lakes. What's best, the ultimate "Ötztal Premium Card" already includes varied Ötztal highlights throughout the valley. Active holidays for individual travelers await you here
Mountaineers, watch out: The Alps have a challenging new Haute Route – the scenic Ötztal Trek featuring 22 stages and 15 alternative routes with no less than 30,000 meters altitude gain and a total distance of 400 kilometers. The majestic Ötztal Alps make an outdoor paradise not only for expert alpinists and advanced climbers but also for more leisurely walkers and ambitious mountain bikers: some 1,600 kilometers of perfectly signposted hiking trails and 860 kilometers of breathtaking mountain bike routes are spread all over the valley's summits, slopes and plains.
Colorful landscape full of contrasts
The villages are spread over three terraced areas with different altitudes. Therefore the contrasts are really unique! Right at the entrance to the valley you can discover Haiming's Apple Route, the central Ötztal boasts lush green meadows and fields, and in the upper part you find the mountain villages of Vent and Obergurgl-Hochgurgl at almost 2,000 meters above sea level, embedded in flowering Alpine pasturelands. Obergurgl has the most beautiful Alpine Rose fields in early summer, marsh marigolds and magic blue gentian cover the entire landscape of awesome natural beauty. Additionally the air is crisp and clean, almost pollen-free and therefore ideal for allergy sufferers thanks to the close vicinity of the glaciers.
Ötztal Water Games
The splendid Stuiben Falls – Tirol's biggest waterfall near Umhausen – feature a total falling height of 159 meters. A wonderful trail along the waterfall takes passionate walkers to the nearby via ferrata towering high above the rushing mountain waters. From five panoramic platforms hikers can watch this nature spectacle close by. Real dare devils should not miss an exciting river rafting tour on the Ötztaler Ache brook, across the Imster Schlucht gorge or on the river Inn. Trend sports such as rafting, canyoning, kayaking or canoeing are scheduled here!
The mighty and healing power of water can be experienced at the Aqua Dome, Längenfeld's Spa Center offering plenty of water fun and healing spas for the whole family. Passionate swimmers or fishing fans are strongly recommended to head for picturesque Piburger See near Oetz, one of Tirol's warmest swimming lakes and a real natural gem.
A valley offering pure excitement and relaxation
Ötztal's undisputed Highlights
- Ötztal. Tirol's longest side valley. 67 km.
- Wildspitze. Tirol's highest mountain. 3774 m.
- Ötzi. "The Iceman", about 5250 years old.
- 250 peaks higher than 3000 meters.
- Ötztal Alps. The Eastern Alps' biggest glacier-covered area. 35 km².
- Ötztaler Ache. One of the Alpine area's most spectacular white water rivers.
- Ötztal Dialect. World Cultural Heritage since 2010.
- Ötztal. Tradition & a sense of home (folkloric evenings, processions, traditional Ötztal costumes, …).
- Ötztal Nature Park – Tirol's second biggest nature preserve.
- Oetz. On-mountain folk music and dance.
- Oetz. WIDIVERSUM Family Festival.
- Oetz. NIVEA Family Festival.
- Oetz. Music at Lake Piburger See.
- Oetz. adidas Sickline. Extreme Kayak World Championship.
- Umhausen. Stuiben Run.
- Längenfeld. 4 Lakes Hike.
- Längenfeld. Ötztal Climbing Camp.
- Längenfeld. Ötztaler Bergmeister.
- Sölden. Bike Opening incl. Expo Area.
- Sölden. Tour de Suisse. Stage finish on Rettenbach Glacier. 2670 m.
- Paperchase through Sölden – THE unrivaled enduro cult event.
- Ötztaler Cycle Marathon. 238 km. 5500 altitude meters. 4 Alpine passes.
- Obergurgl. Ötztal Culture Weeks.
- Vent. ARTeVENT.
- Vent. Friedl of the Empty Pockets.
- Haiming. Apple Road. ▪ Sautens. Schnaps Route. Tirolean schnaps distilling tradition and fine spirits.
- Sautens. Magic Forest. Theme walking and hiking trail for all the family.
- AREA 47. The Ultimate Outdoor Playground incl. Tirol's mightiest high rope park. Height 27 m.
- Oetz. Acherkogel. The Eastern Alps' northernmost peak higher than 3000 meters. 3007 m.
- Oetz. Piburger See. Tirol's warmest swimming lake.
- Oetz. Vantage Platforms. Seejöchl Kanzel. Kluft. Ebele.
- Oetz. KIDS PARK. Tirol's biggest theme playground.
- Oetz. WIDIVERSUM in Hochoetz – new kids adventure land at 2020 m altitude.
- Urkraft Umhausen. Ötzi Village. Birds of Prey Park. Natural swimming lake. Stuiben Falls.
- Ötzi Village. Archaeological outdoor park.
- Ötztal Birds of Prey Park. Open-air arena covering 5000 m².
- Stuiben Falls. Tirol's biggest waterfall. Height 159 m. 5 platforms. 1 suspension bridge.
- Niederthai Hiking Village. 1500 m.
- "Maurer Rinne" suspension bridge. Length 86 m. Height 70 m.
- Ötztal Trail of Legends. 3 km theme trail to Gasthof Feuerstein, featuring life-size sculptures.
- Kraftquell Places of Strength. Perfect to restore your energy.
- AQUA DOME. Tirol's one and only thermal spa covering 20,000 m². 13 indoor and outdoor pools.
- Gries Hiking Village. 1569 m.
- Sölden. Gourmet and design restaurant ice Q.
- Sölden. BIG 3 Aussichtsplattformen am Gletscher und Gaislachkogl.
- Sölden. Ötztal Glacier Road. The Eastern Alps' highest asphalt road. 2670 m.
- Obergurgl-Hochgurgl. Europe's highest parish village at 1930 m.
- Obergurgl-Hochgurgl. New suspension bridge. Gurgler Ferner.
- Obergurgl-Hochgurgl. Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum. Europe's highest Motorbike Museum. 2175 m.
- Timmelsjoch. The Eastern Alps' highest mountain pass. 2509 m.
- Vent. Mountaineering village. 1900 m.
- Vent. Rofenhöfe Farms. The Eastern Alps' highest mountain farmhouses. 2014 m.
Ötztal (Premium) Card
- Ötztal Premium Card. The Card is included from the moment you check-in.
- Ötztal Card. It can be purchased at varied selling points.
Walking & Hiking
- 10 summer mountain lifts in operation
- 1600 km of marked hiking trails
- Ötztal Trek. Awarded long-distance hiking route. Distance 400 km. 30,000 altitude meters. 6 routes. 22 stages.
- Ötztal Water Strider Trails. Awarded theme walking routes on the tracks of Ötztal waters. The wet element in all its facets. White waters – Silent waters – Healing waters.
- ALMZEIT in Sölden. Kraftquell in Längenfeld. Theme Walks in Ötztal.
- 9 Geocaching loop tours incl. treasure hunting maps in Ötztal.
- 750 rock climbing routes. 20 climbing gardens. 8 via ferratas.
- 3 high rope parks. AREA 47. Outdoor Course Sautens. Rope Park Längenfeld.
- Ötztal Climbing Camps.
- 46 mountain bike tours covering 850 km incl. the unrivaled "Ötztal Trail".
- Single Trails. Tirol's one and only region with approx. 40 km of official trails.
- Sölden. Bike Republic Sölden. Varied man-made lines, nature trails, pump tracks.
- Unique network of white water and canyoning tracks. River rafting and kayaking on Ötztaler Ache mountain brook.
- Paragliding. The Ötztal Alps from a bird's eye view.